Thursday, January 24, 2013

Skyler

Seriously, when did my boy get so big?! Not only is he slowly creeping up on me with his height he's turning into a young man. I'm not ready for it but I'm excited for it. He is such a great kid, I know I'm partial but seriously, he is a great kid. About a month ago he started playing Junior Monopoly at my mom's house with PaPa and Grandma and about two weeks ago I got to play him. I laughed and told my mom we needed to pull out regular Monopoly for him because the Jr. was too easy. She thought I was crazy. Later that week we pulled it out. I think we have played Monopoly every day for the last week when he gets home from school. This kid is smart. It took him no time at all to figure out how to trade property and buy hotels. He even has strategy down! The first two times I played I sort of went easy on him but not anymore. Geez, that kid will take you down. Can we say competitive spirit? I have no idea where he gets it from ;-)  These are the memories I cherish and I am so glad I can stay home and play board games in the middle of the week in the middle of the day with my 6-year-old and not worry about cleaning the house but focus on him and loving him and building his character. Blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment