Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Command Center

Our life is a little crazy. I have gotten used to it but I am still scatter brained at times. I have had people (therapists, advocates, insurance) show up at my house in the a.m. that I forgot were coming and I am in my jammies un-showered. Thankfully, I am not a vain person and life goes on, even with unbrushed teeth during an hour of PT at 9am. But I have wanted to get an area in the house that I can post things to help me stay better organized. I am a very visual person and having a check list in front of me helps a lot. I don't get overwhelmed as easy and I love to mark things off after I get them accomplished! I have also had a system for bills with two little 31 Bags but the bags fall over and it ends up being a mess. I wanted to remedy that as well. I've been looking on Pinterest for ideas and found a lot of inspiration. Also, my sister in law did this super cute To Do list with just a frame, lined paper and dry erase marker. I wanted to do the same but needed a little more than one list. I ended up with:
A Menu list, complete with clips to hang up recipes or perhaps a list?
A Cleaning list - this is for my big cleaning projects I would like to do each week (i.e. change sheets, clean the bathroom)
A In box and Out box with clips for bills
A To Do list, this is for any other errands, projects, homework that need to get done.
I also hung up a huge cork board for whatever.
I bought the black frames, gray frames and clips at the Dollar Store (love that place!). The gold frame, cork board, paper and stickers I already had - Perfect! So, the whole thing only cost me $6 to make which was really awesome. Here are the pictures of before and after, enjoy!










No comments:

Post a Comment