Friday, March 1, 2013

Sweet Baby Gideon

 My sweet little surprise Gideon Grey is already 8 months old. Seems like a few weeks ago I was cuddling him in the hospital. Isn't he super precious in this picture? I miss that newborn stage when they fit right under your chin like that and smell like a sweet new baby. I was very conscious of soaking up those moments with him because I knew they would be gone too soon. 

 
I love all four of my boys very, very much but... I will not lie there is a special little something about Gid. I always pictured myself with four kids but Ryan was never hip on that idea and after our struggles with Gav and Nev I was scared to have another myself. When we found out I was pregnant the entire pregnancy was a roller coaster of emotions for me. The day he was born I was so excited to finally get my hands on him and cuddle him. It was the sweetest moment to look at him and see he was ok and that there were no complications. It was a big sigh of relief. I'm not saying he's my favorite, I'm just saying he is my little buddy and will be spoiled as the baby of the family for as long as I can get away with it. I mean, look at that face!


He has just been a joy, pure joy. There is no denying that he is a momma's boy and I love it! The other boys loved me but were not what I would label a 'momma's boy'. Gideon on the other hand is a momma's boy. Now that he is big and strong he will literally shove other people who pick him up to try and catapult himself to me. Love. I already told Ryan we will save money on preschool because the other three boys will be in school full time when he is ready for preschool and I can keep him home and do it here. I'm not sending my baby away anytime soon. He is too sweet and just loves to be in my company. Most days he is permanently attached to my hip going with the flow helping me get stuff done. Although, crawling is probably gonna happen in two-three weeks from now. That boy is a scooting and a wiggling and a shaking! He can go backwards on his belly the length of our house and it won't be long before he figures out how to propel himself forward and to pull up on everything in the house. I can't wait. Seriously. I love a crawling baby. Before long he will be one and I will have no idea where this first year went. Ah! I love him to death and could squeeze him all day. Just saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment