Thursday, April 14, 2011

Helmet Safety

On Saturday my mom's old church put on a safety awareness with Childrens Hospital. We were planning on taking all three boys but Skyler came down sick and Gavyn ended up taking a late nap. We took Nevin and he had a blast! Was totally unintimidated by the fire engine, tried out the bounce house, ate a bunch of cookies and got fitted for a helmet that only cost $8! He was so proud of his helmet and did not want to take it off. :) I asked the nurse if there was another way to get my 5-year-old fitted and she told me I could bring him to Childrens and do it at anytime. I had not idea that they offered this service for free and that I could still purchase a helmet for $8 at the hospital. Yesterday mom and I took him over and he too was super proud of his cool helmet. If you are interested in doing this call Childrens and make an appointment, you go to the parking garage (they give you a voucher for free parking as well!), pull into the safety check area and take them into the little office. You can also get your carseat checked there as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment