Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Granola Bar Update

I posted my granola bar recipe awhile ago but since then I have played around with it a lot and tried different things. I still make the original recipe but sometimes I make a healthier version. Here is the original recipe and I will tell you what I have changed up.

2c. Quick Oats
1c. Flour
1/2c. Wheat germ
3/4c. Brown sugar
3/4tsp. Salt
3/4tsp. Cinnamon
1/2c. Vegetable oil
1/2c. Honey
1 Egg
2tsp. Vanilla
1/2c. Applesauce or Peanut butter
1c. Raisins or Chocolate Chips

Preheat oven to 350. Grease 9x13 pan.
Mix together dry ingredients in large bowl.
Add wet ingredients (use 1/2c of veg. oil first, use the same cup for the honey and it will slip right out) mix until moistened.
Pat into pan and bake for 30 minutes.

One thing I always add in now is 1/2 cup of flaxseed. Somedays I take out the vegetable oil and add 1/2 cup of Orange Puree or 1/2 cup of Purple Puree (these recipes are from the 'Sneaky Chef' book). When I take out the veggie oil I also add the applesauce even if I am doing the peanut butter. It keeps them moist and adds a better flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment