Monday, September 20, 2010

Shopping

I remember when we were getting ready to be married and the one thing I was most nervous about was grocery shopping and cooking! Of all the things in marriage and those were the 2 things I was most nervous about. Over the last 5 years I have gotten much better with a buck and planning meals out. I still hate the actual process of going to the store and buying things (which is why I plan for a week and only set foot in the store 1 time all week!) but, I do love planning the meals and the time spent in the kitchen. Lately, I have taken to baking at night when the kids go to bed so that it gets done. When you are a mom of 3, you have to use every single minute as wisely as you can!

Tonight was shopping night, I spent $85 and here is what is on the menu...

Gavyn got Peas and Peaches this week. I buy fresh or sometimes frozen, cook it if I need to then, puree put in trays and freeze for the week. I also bought avocados just in case he doesn't like the peas!

.Fish Sticks (homemade not from a box!) with Mac & Cheese and Salad

.Oven Roasted Chicken with Potatoes, Carrots and homemade muffins

.Turkey Casserole with Broccoli

.Ranch Chicken (it is a Mexican dish with tomatoes, peppers, cheese...) and Chips

.Thai Chicken Salad and Rice

.Potato Kielbasa Skillet and Carrots

.Colorful Chicken Pizza and Salad

.Cherry Cheese Coffee Cake for Saturday morning

.New York Cheese Cake for Ryan's birthday

I don't normally do two big pastry items like that but with Ryan's birthday and being in a mood, that is what we get! It did make me spend a little more at the store than I normally would though. Most weeks I get out with spending around $70. I am sure coupon shoppers do better than that but with my crazy schedule I have not figured out how to sit down and incorporate that into my life yet. If it is a good week, maybe I will take pictures of our meals and post them with recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment