Saturday, June 26, 2010

No internet!

Holy Cow we lost Internet for awhile and it was no fun! I think I had withdrawals from no blogging....

It has been a very busy week around the Stanley House.

Tuesday... Playdate with our good friends Melissa and her baby girl Violet in the morning. It was so nice to just hang out at the house, play with babies and big boys, catch up on things and talk about how Mom's don't seem to get as much credit and encouragement as they should. That night Ryan's brother and his wife Patty along with Ryan's parents all came over for dinner. It was really nice to have the whole family together. It seems like we usually see just his parents or just Andrew and Patty. I am one of those people who loves to have the whole family together and things to be sort of loud and crazy. I always thought I would have like 4 or 5 kids and when they were all grown they would all be married with 2 or 3 kids and Christmas at my big house would be loud and fun. Hopefully in 20 years we will have a bigger house so if all my boys are married with 2 or 3 kids we can all fit in the house together!

Wednesday was a nice break in the week. No one came over, we only ran out for about 2 minutes to drop off recycling. Just me and my boys playing at home and catching up on cleaning and laundry.

Thursday was a playdate at our friends the Biber's house. They have two little kiddos, Eli 4 and Grace 3 who just crack me up! They both say the funniest things and are just great kids. Skyler has so much fun playing with Eli and they are so excited to go to school together in the Fall. Thursday night we went to Kirkwood for the free concerts they have right by the old train station. The company my Mom works for just started a charitable group to build orphanages in Hatti. All the money raised that night is helping them make a difference in the lives of the kids down in Hatti. It is really awesome everything they are doing. The people that my Mom works for are just amazing people that have become a second family.

Friday my parents had a new shed built in the backyard. Of course I took the boys over for the day to watch the construction and play with Grandma, Pa Pa and Uncle Matt. They kept the 2 big boys while Gav had his 4 month check up. That night we co-hosted a Pampered Chef party that did awesome! I have to pick out all the free product I am going to get. Exciting!

Today brings Speech Therapy for Nevin, church tonight and a small group for marrieds this evening. And tomorrow is all about Pirates with a Pirate themed birthday party for one of Skyler's good friends and our neighbors are having a BBQ to celebrate the new pirate ship that Shawn built for their son Logan in the backyard! Eye patches here we come.

No comments:

Post a Comment