Saturday, June 19, 2010

Meet the Men in my Life

Skyler Chase is my oldest. I still have a hard time believing that he is 4 years old and not still my tiny baby riding around in the baby sling. He has a zest for life that is hard to keep up with. The great outdoors are his playground, he loves to go to his Grandma and Grandpa Stanely's house and run around in their woods and play in the creek. He gets his mechanical mind from his Grandpa Miesner, putting trains together, trying to fix things around the house, building towers. We are an artsy family and he has just taken to painting with water colors. He can sit at the kitchen table for long periods of time painting pictures in his coloring book. Our bathroom is magically turned into China on more than one occasion and his aspiring hero right now is to be the little boy from the movie Up and travel the world.

Nevin Lucas is my second born and a little cuddle bug. For a 2 year old who doesn't talk yet he sure can get a point across. He is learning to stand up for himself against his big brother but he is still a baby at heart. Cars, planes and trains are some of his favorite things. He loves to make your arm, head, stomach the road for his automotive. Animals are one of his favorite things. Our dog Peanut (a 50lb. Peanut!) is one of his greatest joys. We got Peanut when she was only 6 weeks and Nevin was almost 1. She was small enough to sit in his lap, now he sits in hers. They are a cute couple. Nevin is the most compassionate person in our family, he is always ready to offer a hug and kiss to make it all better. Yet he is still 2 and ready for battle and stubborn when he wants his own way.



Gavyn Elliot is my third born and 4 months today and already a little trickster. When I was pregnant I knew this was how he was going to be. On Thanksgiving I had some tiny spotting (I was due February 19th) and realized I was going to need to take it easy for this pregnancy. By the end of December I was positive this baby was going to come early and my midwife gave me very strict orders to take it easy. Of course being a young mom of two little wild men and a rambunctious puppy this was easier said than done. We did manage to cool our jets the best we could and by 37 weeks we were geared up for baby to arrive. Of course by 37 weeks Gavyn had cooled his jets and decided he wanted to stay put until his actual due date, he would be right on time!

These are my little men and I love them all more than I thought was humanly possible.

1 comment:

  1. I liked reading these descriptions. You forgot one very important man, though! You are a lucky lady to be surrounded by all of these guys. They will always protect you.

    ReplyDelete