Monday, August 22, 2011

School

Last Wednesday was Nevin's first day of school! I can not believe how fast time has gone and my little man is in school. The worst part of last Wednesday was that I got sick and couldn't even take him to school on his first day. Thankfully my mom is off on Wednesdays and was able to take him because Ryan is not home on Wednesdays. He cried a little but once she was gone they said he did great. Thursday I was able to take him and he just waved goodbye like a big boy. I choked up but did not cry and that sort of shocked me! I think I realized he is going to do really well and have fun. Today starts the first day of a long week. He even took a nap when he got home today. I think all the new changes and a busy weekend caught up to him. When his teacher brought him out she told me the one thing every parent wants to hear, 'He is really smart and going to fly through the school year.' Awesome! His speech path. has been telling me for months how smart he is and it kills her that he can not express more. Hopefully we will get his AAC board really going and he will be able to communicate even more with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment