Sunday, July 4, 2010

Fireworks

Last night my parents came over to watch Gavyn while Ryan and I took the Big Boys to see Fireworks at Webster Groves. We left the house a little after 8pm, as we are driving down Loughborough I get behind this van going about 20mph. Skyler is chatting to himself in the back when all the sudden he says, "Why are we going so slow?!"
"There is an old grandpa man in front of us," I respond (I know, I probably shouldn't say things like that)
"Mommy?"
"Yes?"
"Can we crash into other cars?"
Always a good way to start a night out, banging the other cars out of our way.

We got parked fairly close and walked down to the big hill on Elm across from the school. It was fun to sit on the ground with the boys and watch the carnival rides and the lights. Nevin pushed the stroller around the hill. Skyler tried to sit in it and went barreling down the hill for a minute. We waited for about an hour for the show to start and got all settled in. Nevin sat on my lap and Skyler lounged on Ryan. The show was not very long but that was probably for the best. It was way past their bedtime and I could tell everyone was getting tired. They enjoyed watching the fireworks go, "BOOM! Sparkle!" as Skyler says. Most of the show I watched off the reflection of Nevin's eyes. They were both mesmerized.

Here's to a good Fourth of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment